Website Privacy Notice
We are Queer Kernow. Our Registered Address is, Room 17, 37 Richmond House, Edward Street, Truro, TR1 3AJ Our Company Registration Number is 12878286 and our ICO Registration Number is ZA882964. We are a Data Controller as defined by the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
You can contact us/me on 07869783216 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change this policy from time to time to reflect the latest laws on what we do with your information. Please check back frequently: you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated.
What do we hold?
We collect personal data such as your name, e-mail, telephone number or mailing address from you when you voluntarily choose to register on our website (to use Queer Kernow websites to comment, create your own collections and share content), complete surveys, enter competitions or use other Queer Kernow services. This may include data you give us when you complete one of our comment and stay in touch forms, register as a volunteer, purchase a ticket, attend an event or engage with us in other ways.
Data collected may include:
- Contact details – name, address, telephone and email
- Your attendance at invited events, events where you have purchased tickets
- Your mailing and subject preferences – to help us engage in ways relevant to you
- Ticket sales information is held for three financial years and then removed if you have not selected to be added to our mailing list
- Information needed for collections’ management purposes, such as donor or lender contact details
- Photographs, video and related consent forms
How do we use your data?
The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service.
The information we may wish to provide to you includes details of exhibitions, events, collections, conservation, campaigns, services, products, newsletter requests, feedback and competitions.
It may include:
- Sending you our news and events booklets
- Inviting you to events
- Informing you of upcoming events and activities
- Asking you to support Queer Kernow by volunteering your time or experience.
These activities include an element of direct marketing.
Communications may be sent to you by post, email, social media or telephone depending on your mailing preferences if you have selected one.
How we obtain your details
We collect your personal information in a number of ways.
- When you provide it to us directly
- We collect it as you use our website.
- When you have given it to a third party (Facebook, email, Twitter, Instagram, any of our partners) and you have provided permission to pass your information on to us
- From publicly available sources (where possible) to keep your information up to date.
We combine the information from these sources with the information you provide to us directly
If you are under 18 please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent before sending any personal information to any website or Queer Kernow. We do have activities for those under 18 so may ask your age.
How will we share your data?
How do we protect your data?
Your rights and preferences
You have the right to see, correct or request to delete the information we hold on you.
Queer Kernow will contact you by email unless you request otherwise or no email address has been supplied.
Please let us know if you would like to unsubscribe from all communications or from specific types or methods.
Your data will be held on our database until you ask us to remove it. We will review and ask you to update you details every 3 years.
If you no longer wish to receive communications please contact us by email email@example.com or
37 Edward Street,
What to do if you have a question
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us in the first instance on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can get in touch with the ICO directly here
Data Protection Legislation relating to this Privacy Notice:
- UK General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018;
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;